The Association, throughout its history, has asserted the dignity of all people without exception. The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life working side by side to strengthen communities. We recognizes that individuals, families, and communities are diverse. We value and respect this diversity and chooses to be inclusive through our acceptance of all individuals, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation. While not adhering to any doctrine or dogma, we are committed to Christian principles. This includes asserting that all individuals, without exception, are intrinsically valuable.
The Association is committed to the following:
- Welcoming all individuals in our programs and facilities
- Developing programs that respond to the needs of our members, participants, and communities
- Utilizing hiring and employment practices that are free from bias or discrimination
- Hiring and maintaining a diverse group of employees and volunteers
- Maintaining a safe environment that is free from acts of discrimination or harassment against any individual
Our core values are caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and inclusion - they guide everything we do. Our values unite us as a movement. They are the shared beliefs and principles that guide our behavior, our interactions with each other, our programs and our decision making.
POLICY OF NONDISCRIMINATION
It is the policy of the Y to make membership available to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or financial circumstances without discrimination.
For further assistance, please contact us at 616.855.9622, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to report an incident, email YMCAHR@grymca.org.