POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- KidZone services will be available for members only. There will be no guest passes at this time.
- The YMCA KidZone schedule will be evaluated and adjusted monthly.
- Reservations are required. Due to limited capacity, we ask that you reserve a time slot that will best accommodate your workout. Members will only be able to reserve one KidZone session at a time per child. Overlapping reservations is not permitted.
- Check in/out procedures have been updated to allow the proper time necessary for our staff to adequately disinfect the play space between reservations. Early check in will not be available. Late pickups will result in a late fee of $1 per minute past the reservation end time.
- Membership Card or Photo ID must be shared with KidZone desk staff when child is signed in and out.
- Only the person dropping off the child may pick the child up unless noted on the sign in sheet at check in. Photo ID required.
- Members who do not cancel their KidZone reservation nor attend their scheduled session will be charged a $3 No-Call-No-Show fee that will be applied to their account. Members can cancel their reservation up until their session starts by calling their branch KidZone front desk.
- To reduce and avoid health risks for children, staff, and members, please do not bring your children if they are sick.
- Parents must remain in the Y facility for the duration of their child’s time in the KidZone.
- Children must wear socks in the KidZone. Please bring socks with you.
- Cubbies are available for children to store their bags and shoes. The Y is not responsible for any personal items.
- For safety, medical, and sanitary reasons, food is not allowed in the KidZone with the exception of bottles for infants.
- Y programs use positive guidance methods including reminders, distractions, logical consequences and redirection. These skills are taught through consistent rules and age appropriate behavior expectations. Occasionally a child may be removed from an immediate situation until he/she is able to gain control. Repeatedly disruptive or dangerous behavior may result in loss of privileges or activities, suspension or termination from KidZone.
- If your child is having trouble adjusting to the KidZone and becomes inconsolable, a staff member will locate you within the facility.
- The KidZone is an inclusive environment and will make every attempt to reasonably accommodate any child based on whatever needs may be.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT
Reservations vary by KidZone session. Please note the drop-off and pick-up time of the session you reserved. Find your branch and click the button with your child’s age group below to make your reservation.
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The KidZone will be limiting the number of youth participants in the center at one time to ensure proper COVID-19 protocols for sanitizing and group size is followed. To ensure proper group sizes are maintained, reservations are required. We ask those who feel unwell to stay home.
Upon arrival, you and your child(ren) will participate in a health screening at the membership desk and asked to scan your own membership card at the membership desk prior to entering the KidZone. For quick and easy access to your membership card, download our app on iTunes or Google Play HERE.
If you have not done so already, you must complete a membership waiver of liability form before entering our facility. Fill out our Waver of Liability form prior to your visit HERE.
Reservations will open Monday morning for the following week. You will have up to one full calendar day prior to the session you are requesting to complete your reservation.
You will be given up to 30 minutes of grace to check into the KidZone before your reservation becomes void. If you surpass the 30 minutes and still seek to check in, you will need to complete a walk-in reservation via a kiosk at the membership desk if there is still space available.
Members can cancel their reservation up until their session starts by calling their branch KidZone front desk. Members who do not cancel their KidZone reservation nor attend their scheduled session will be charged a $3 No-Call-No-Show fee that will be applied to their account. To avoid this additional fee, please make sure to call you KidZone front desk to cancel your reservation.
Per the CDC and State and Local Health Departments, all youth 4 years of age and older must wear a face mask that properly covers their mouth and nose while in the Y facilities.
Please be patient and know that these protocols have been put in place for your safety and to accommodate as many children as possible each day.
Please remember to bring socks for your child as shoes will not be permitted to wear in the KidZone. Children who need ready to feed bottles are welcome to bring one labeled with their name and date. If your child is still in diapers, please provide a diaper bag with proper diapers and wipes.
Please do NOT bring any outside items into the KidZone (i.e, blankets, toys, water bottles or food). We will provide your child with a disposable drinking cup if water is needed.