Dance is a great way for kids to get active and express themselves creatively. Ballet classes at the YMCA allow students to discover the basics and beauty of ballet in a safe, fun, social atmosphere. From the first plié to the final performance, dancers of all skill levels will enjoy taking ballet at the Y. Students will learn age-appropriate dance techniques of ballet at the barre, including basic positions, arm, hand and leg movements, good posture, and more. Dancers of all skill levels are always welcome to join ballet classes at the Y!
What to Bring
- Leather Ballet Shoes (pink for girls, black for boys) required
- Pink Tights and Black leotard recommended for girls
- Dance skirt (for girls) optional
- Black t-shirt, black pants, black socks recommended for boys
- *Dance recital outfit (to be determined in class), required for dancers who participate in Winter 1, Winter 2 and Spring sessions.
By selecting a location and age group we can return a list of relevant programs to you.